Thursday, January 29, 2015

Cambodia - Service Expedition

The next series of my blog entries are being dedicated to the Cambodia Service Expedition which will take place from 21 March through 29 March. In attendance will be our students of I-Shou International School (my school I have been working at since August 2014). This trip has been set up in cooperation with the Rustic Pathways Group . As we all prepare for this expedition, I will personally be returning for my several visit since my first trip back in 1991, when I was there as a soldier training with the Cambodian Royal Army - 911 Special Forces.  Throughout my training (back then) I was able to earn my Royal Cambodian Airborne Wings, as we jumped combined forces (Cambodian and US) from an Mi-17. Throughout the course of my life, I have returned as an active member of my VFW Post 9951 (Veterans of Foreign Wars) of Bangkok Thailand for "Official" VFW District Meetings.  I have returned several times for visits of the country as a family man and visiting my close friend Robert McCarthy (Vietnam Veteran - Infantry Captain) who is now an Archeologist on the Bayon Temple in Angkor Wat.  This return trip will be quiet special because I am returning with some of my students and will be viewing some same visited locations but through their eyes and understanding. Let the Journey continue!!!

No comments: